Donate a Bra
We are all about empowering women and to do that we have to give them the best quality bras possible.
We accept any preloved bras in good condition or brand new. We have to be really fussy with all the bras that we receive. We are all about empowering women and to do that we have to give them the best quality bras possible. Just any bra does not work. If bras are too preloved they cannot be fitted correctly, especially when the sides of the bras are overstretched. The best way to look at it is if you would to receive it and wear it, we will take it.
If your bras do not meet the above criteria we would always be happy to receive a donation in lieu of the shipping. Shipping can be really expensive and a $10 donation vs you paying for shipping for bras that are not suitable and have to be disposed of is heartbreaking for our volunteers.
Types of Bras
Here is a guide to the products we can receive and what to look out for with the bras you send us:
- Normal Bras (contour)
- Soft Cups (Huge demand for these)
- Underwire bras
- Plus size bras (Huge demand for these)
Here is a checklist for you to do before sending us your preloved bras:
- Bras are washed
- The shoulder straps are in good working order
- The sides of the bras are not stretched or damaged
- There are no stains or perspiration marks
- The hooks and eyes are in good working condition and there is no rust on any fasteners
- The wires are in tact. Push the wire to see if it pokes out
If you are sending us underwear it has to be new with tags or in their packets. We cannot accept preloved underwear. It is a serious hygiene issue.
Any style of underwear is suitable. We are always in need of plus size in full brief for the mature age women we support.
Kmart of Big W are the best value for money with their packs for $10.
Types of Bras
- Full Brief
- High Cut briefs
Menstrual Hygiene Products
If you are sending us menstrual hygiene products, they need to be sealed in complete packets. We unfortunately cannot receive opened packets with loose product. All menstrual hygiene products are needed.
- Regular menstrual pads
- Super menstrual pads
- Heavy duty overnight pads
- Tampons regular and super
- Poise – huge demands
- Incontinence products
- New Cups
We are happy to receive both samples size items and full size items. All toiletries have to be brand new. We cannot receive open items. We have to dispose of them.
Standard Care Packs
- Shampoo and conditioner – we like to give out matching bottles
- Roll on deodorant
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Body wipes
- Lip balm
Extras that we can add to care packs:
- Body lotion
- Nail files
- Nail clippers
- Hair brushes or combs
- Cosmetics of any kind – new
- Nail varnish – always popular
- Gift packs
Where do I send my donations?